Monday, September 21, 2009

Mimi's American Chop Suey

When I was little my mom made this recipe a lot. It was during World War II and it was very inexpensive to prepare. I loved it. I guess you would call it a comfort food for me as I was always so happy when I asked, "What's for supper" and Ma answered, "Chop Suey". She never called it "American Chop Suey" except on her recipe card. It was always "Chop Suey". I can't believe that I haven't posted this as I still make it often. I guess I figured it wasn't fancy enough and everyone knew about it, but because I don't want to lose it, I am posting it now. You will have most the ingredients in your pantry and freezer--there are only five plus salt and pepper. -- posted by Mimi in Maine
Read More... [Source: Recipezaar: Newest recipes - Posted by FreeAutoBlogger]

No comments: